Sunday, January 1, 2012

No Resolutions for Me This Year

I've heard a few people say,
"Wisdom comes with years,"
But what happens in the meantime,
Am I expected to willingly
Shed tears? Am I supposed to fail?
"Yes, experience is the best teacher."
But when I assess learning, the
Consequences of my classroom
Won't make any student think of
Consulting with the reaper...Grimm
As it sounds, I've seen when Life
Body slams you, off the top ropes
Hopes and Dreams crumble all
Around you.

Sure, the obvious is
True, "it could be worse," but her
"Right Now", has her eyeing your purse.
His "Right Now, don't have time
for just words." All these cliches and
Positivity has yet to get him off the curb.

So although my talents my be
Found in connotation, I'm not foolish
Enough to believe that only words
Build nations. So as this New Year
Begins, so will more opportunities
For action. No resolutions for me,
Its just time to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment