Monday, February 18, 2013

Ropes & Ladders: Chapter 1

"Happy New Year!!!  I pray special blessings are bestowed upon you and your family this year.  I really appreciate all you've done to help these past few months!"

"Oh wow!  So unexpected...HAPPY NEW YEAR MR. AIKEN!  That was very nice of you :-)  Same to you and yours..." 

She smiled for a while after sending her reply.  Smiley faces in your first text message? Wonder what made him write me in the first place?

"I hope my text didn't get you trouble.  It's not my intention to disrespect your marriage.  I only wanted to send well wishes to people who come to mind today...and you were definitely on my short list."

"Trouble?  No, definitely not an issue here & yes, I am a married woman.  Glad you remembered that!"

"Oh, it's kinda hard to forget when you're hand lights up the room!"

"Ha ha Mr. Aiken.  Ring or not, I think you'd be respectful and gentlemen-like anyway."

He smiled for a while after reading her reply.  She is beautiful...but married...I can't push up on her...he's a lucky guy...stay focused!  Just end the conversations quickly and all will be well.  

"Gotta respect the ladies...ya know!  But I think you wouldn't have a problem checking anyone who stepped out of line.  I see how you cut your eyes at people in the meetings Lol."

Really?  So he's looking that hard?  I need to cut this short...he is easy on the eyes though.

"What do you mean?  I don't do that...that would be unprofessional!"

"LOL.  Yes it would, and you walk the line.  But I think it's good though.  It shows you have passion ;-)"

"Passion?  Is he trying to run game?!  Why am I smiling?  

"Well, I care about my work.  That smiley face...are you flirting with me Mr. Aiken?  What would my husband think if he saw another man winkin through texts?"

Shoot...her husband gotta know she bad!  She's cool people though...just keep it clean and you'll be fine.

"He has to be used to guys hitting on you...not sayin I was...I'm just sayin...you're easy on the eyes and you have sense...that's always appetizing!  No disrespect."

"LOL @ "appetizing".  I'm not following you up!  But thank you for the compliment.  I didn't think you were flirting...just wanted to mess with you.  Gotta go see about my babies #mommyduty"

"You're very welcome!  Well, I guess I'll see you at work next week."

"Yes.  I'll be conducting the morning training sessions.  I expect you to be there bright and early!  And if you bring breakfast for yourself and forget me, we're gonna have words! :-)  Enjoy the rest of your vacation!"

"I gotchu!  No worries!  You're gonna have the other ladies jealous about your coffee and muffin LOL.  'How Mrs. Long get him to bring her a muffin?! LOL."

"LOL.  They won't say anything.  They know better!  #justkiddin  Ok, Mr. Aiken.  This was nice.  See you next week!"

"Aight...see you then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment