Saturday, June 13, 2015

Matter of Fact: An Ideal Relationship

"You matter to me.  Everything I am right now is because of you."

"It's not worth it anymore.  The conversation has not changed enough over the past few months.  I've given all I've known to give."

"Sometimes I just want to grab you and shake you!"

"If we were something you wanted, you would make time for me, for us."

"What I do, I do for us.  How can we have more, live better, if we are in the same place we were when we started?  I'm working for us."

"You work for yourself.  That's your focus.  WE are not a priority to you.  I know I'm not."

"Everything you've been able to buy to add to our comfort level, it would not have been possible if I didn't work more.  You're enjoying the spoils but are not appreciating my efforts."

"I buy those things to pass the time.  Yes, you provide but I don't need all that.  I wanted more of you."

"I find it hard to believe that you do not recognize that you can go shopping whenever you want, that we can plan a trip and go without hesitation, that we have properties, assets, wealth..."

"Money isn't everything."

"You know my plan.  I shared this with you from the beginning.  Things won't be this way forever.  I actually have a cutoff date.  Once that date arrives, my time will be less structured and we will be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor, of our sacrifice.  If you can't wait two months, then I'm at a loss for what else I can say to you."

"You should want to fight for us.  Fight for me."

"What do you think I've been doing?  I'm not the one who talks about leaving.  I'm the one talking about how we can be better, together."

"You just don't get it."

"Help me to understand.  I want you to be happy with us.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.  Things will change in two months."

"You may be alone by then."

"I feel like I'm alone already.

"If you don't want to fight for me, then why am I here."

"I'm here because I love you.  I thought you were here for the same reason.  I can't tell you why you're here, why you should stay.  You have to know that for yourself.  Not once have I ever said I didn't want us.  I've only expressed how I need you in my life, how I want us to have forever, how your love is the theme music to my life.  Everything I do, I do for you, for us."

"I do love you..."

"You should...sometimes I just want to grab you and shake you."

"Maybe you should..."

"If I grab you I'm not shaking you."

"We'll see..."

No comments:

Post a Comment