Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Am I Worthy?

Well...
it's hard not to feel hurt,
especially when you lose something you held near your heart,
Or you find that you aren't the person you thought you were,
but Rather you are something more of who you consistently
criticize as part of your personal dissertation on character flaws;
This, my friend, confirms that you are a walking contradiction.

How can you be at peace with this, call yourself a good person,
Look your beloved in the face, wanting respect and love,
When those were the first two things you destroyed
in your quest to "do you" so to speak. I imagine, I too, would
marvel at my abilities if my main objective was to
accumulate the "things I need" through manipulation, leaving out
all other possibilities that rely on faith and the reciprocation
of good works.

Well...
I imagine it is hard to feel hurt when you lose something you
held near your heart, when it was truly your irresponsibility
that lead to the loss...
I imagine if I were you I wouldn't feel worthy of any praise or
the acquired "things I need" that I had received through my
skillful manipulation, because I left out all other possibilities
that rely on faith and the reciprocation of good works...
I would not...feel worthy...I would not be worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment