Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Once Upon A Time...

Once upon a time...
I became regretful;
Second guessing from contemplation,
the dwelling and pondering persuaded my
rationale to bend, in hopes that the pressure
of a definite position would subside to allow a less
painful feeling to endure, other than this...

Once upon a time...
I lost focus;
Drifting off into an abyss,
falling steadily into a perilous plight;
the flight of a kamikaze submarine, defying reality's
explanation of acceptable and recommended behaviors.

Once upon a time...
I failed;
After trying my best,
seeing my worse case scenario win
a game of musical chairs, all other options fell
unexpectedly...recklessly...intentionally...
the revelation that my best was...the best of my
mediocrity that had become my normal expectations because
they exceeded those placed upon me...

Once upon a time...
I started over;
Deciding to take control over the only
thing I could...me...
Deciding that my decisions were
more than what others thought I should do,
believing in something much more than "I" was the best decision
anyone could prescribe--because if death is the only way to truly rise,
then a time like this may only happen once in a life...
so I'm glad I decided to live thrice times thrice.

No comments:

Post a Comment