Monday, January 17, 2011

The Takeover

It's growing inside,
I can feel it, others can't see it;
like a viral infection possessing My body,
invading my thoughts through lectures
in solitudes created in crowded rooms;
You see me but I'm not there,
I feel heat but I'm not scared,
They foresee defeat, YET...
I'm still here.

It's growing inside,
I can feel it, others may see it;
the delicious bait, draped in satin,
covering my eyes, denying My vision;
My path is taken away, no glimmer of
hope, no signs of another plotted course;
Until...there...off in a distance...there is
a whisper...I'm still here.

It's growing inside,
I can feel it, others can see it;
remembering who I was increases in
difficulty with each passing moment,
pictures and memories become vague,
incomprehensible flashes in my dreams;
It's own passion feeds on My ambitions,
My hopes, My dreams...

Soon, the takeover will be complete...
Soon this will be over--by giving in--
because that's the only way I can say,
I'm still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment