Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doing Too Much

“Let me get that,” his baritone voice insisted.

As he reached for his wallet with his left hand, his right hand touched hers for the first time. First dates are usually the most revealing and misleading of all experiences of a young couple. She had to admit it was refreshing to have a genuine offer to pay for dinner and not have to endure another passive-aggressive reverse psychological exchange where she ended up paying entirely for the meal.

Enjoy the moment. Don’t get too far ahead of yourself Estelle. He does have a beautiful smile, kind of like David’s. Oh, how I miss…No Estelle! Focus on the present. It’s been three years. Besides, this is the first guy to take you to church without you suggesting it! Oh no…have I been staring at him all this time? Oh God! Wait…has he been staring at me? Oh my God he was!

She dropped her head, and slowly, looked up at him, raking back her hair with her left hand.

“Those are very nice earrings. They really bring out your eyes.”

He compliments earrings and compares them to my eyes? Who does that? This guy is too good to be true…no…I’ll be positive. Just stay on your toes Estelle. He may be doing too much, but I like it…

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! It hit me like a ton of bricks so I decided to share it! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete