Friday, August 3, 2012

Give It Up to Favor


She said, “I thought you’d never change.”

I said, “You promised to stay the same. 
Guess promises of never shouldn’t ever happen again.”

She paused.  Looked up into my eyes like she’s searching,
The lurking observer working hard to see my purpose. 
I wonder if she could ever, see my true purpose,
of wanting to be good man, seems like I’m cursed. 
Now I’m looking at her eyes, thinking about how I served this,
relation of contemplation hating the love that made this,
love affair that’s ending before it’s really beginning. 
She asked, “What goes through your mind when your eyes change?”

I replied, “I’m realizing that with time, hearts change. 
But then again, with time, I guess that all things change,
for better or for worse is the perception we all gain.”

“I see you go deep within, I wouldn’t know where to begin. 
I’ll never figure you out.  Just thinking about it makes my head spin. 
You are who you are.  I am who I am.  I was hoping this would work
but it seems nothing remains perfect.”

I added, “nobody’s perfect, yet I feel you’re the one. 
Prayed to God every night that you’d be a mother to my sons. 
And ours daughters would grow up to be, just Like the queen I see,
I look at you in truth, my heart sees inside of you. 
But, if you can’t see me like you did before…I’ll just give it up favor,
guess love don’t live here anymore.  I’ll just give it up to favor…”

No comments:

Post a Comment