Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sleepy Eyes

I have always wondered why eyes itch before
you go to sleep. It is obviously an early indicator
that babies are in need of a nap when their
moods change and they begin to
rub their eyes. This is true up unto adulthood...
at least it is true for me. I begin
to zone out and can be a little irritable
(unknowingly of course) and my eyes
will text my hands, with a request for a gentle
yet firm rub. As we all know,
eyes are very sensitive and once these manly,
strong yet soft
(it's okay to laugh, I toot my horn for fun)
hands caress these eyelids, a gentle moisture
forms and at times, leak out of the
corners.
[Too much fun with words? Maybe :-)]

I enjoy this feeling, this yearning of the eyes for the
touch of my hands, the itchy feeling that desires to be
massaged. It is an indicator that I have exhausted enough
fuel throughout the day and it is getting close to the time
when I need rest. It is the signs of the a new beginning...
an end to another great day that always leads to the
endless possibilities of tomorrow.

Small cuts, knee scraps, and some other injuries itch as well
when healing. This is also a welcomed state of being that I
associate with sleepy eyes. The body heals better with sleep.
So if I'm hurt, feeling down or under the weather, sleepy
itchy eyes are the beginning to a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment