Friday, August 7, 2009

Success

A young farmer harvesting her first crop.
A 16-year-old changing her oil for the first time without her dad's assistance.

A husband making his wife's favorite meal.
A high school all-star doing his homework.

Seeing your children happily married with children.
Seeing your children achieve anything.

A first year teacher leaving school for summer vacation.
Earning an academic achievement.

Being hired for a job.
Knowing you did your best, yet not acquiring the outcome you hoped for...

Success comes in many forms and is very different for each individual. Deciding to be successful and choosing where to begin the journey to success are also very different. During my first year of teaching I really wanted to be successful. As the months passed, I found myself just wanting to find a way out. Things were not going anywhere close to where I felt success could be achieved for me or my students.

It was only when I decided to end just wanting to be successful that I began my path to
success. Once I began moving towards the goals I set, things got tougher...

Then, overnight...things changed. My sleepless nights became a distant memory. My frustrations became welcomed challenges. And finally my life became a lot easier to smile about.

This may seem like a lot of rambling and maybe it is. Hopefully it will serve those who have dreams but are not sure what to expect once they get started.

It took me, and I'm sure others, many times to fail...but in the end, it was the path to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment