Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wet Seats

Yesterday a magnificent storm graced our presence and I enjoyed watching it as I do all storms. The winds were blowing, thunder rolling, and lightening striking--sounding like hits in the baseball game in the movie Twilight. Towards the end of the storm, one of my roommates called to ask me to let his windows up on his car. Needless to say it reminded me that my windows were down as well. Wet seats...The joys of summer.

Today, I drove to the bank and my seats appeared fine. To my surprise and enjoyment, the seats were very wet and the scent in the car was so amazing. I thought to myself, "why can't my car smell this way everyday...better yet, when I go out on a date? This has to be the sexiest smell for a Ford Man to have...right"? My roommate and I were privileged to a squishy ride and now similarly smelling shorts and t-shirts from our short journey on my wet seats.

Wet car carpet...The joys of summer.

You may wonder, what does this have to do with beginning anything? Well, honestly, this has more to do with decisions in the midst of a storm. I made the decision to go outside during the storm to let up the windows, even though a great deal of water damage had already occurred. Today, I decided to let the windows down so that the car can air out (also sprayed some Febreeze for cars, my exercise in futility for the day). I may also go to the car wash and use that carpet fresh shampoo vacuum thing tomorrow.

The point is that the storm is over, yet damage has been done. I chose to act during the storm and now I am continuing to act even though it is gone. So, how do you handle your storms? What do you do when you have wet seats?

No comments:

Post a Comment