Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Distorted Reflection

I...ran...as fast as I...could...

So why do I wonder if I could have done more?
Why do I replay that day over and over in my head?
What's the use of contemplating the "maybe"?
I mean, at the time...I did what I could...right?

I...ran...as...fast...as...I...could...
Because when I arrived,
It felt like I had the lungs of a mouse,
Running with the legs of a panther,
Strong, smooth, gliding through space,
As if time hesitated in awe of my determination;
But it wasn't enough...I didn't make it in time...

I...ran...as...fast...as I thought...I...could...
And as the days pass,
I can't help but play out different scenarios in my head,
Giving me more of chance,
Yet...if I didn't do as much as I could when
I was at the height of emotion, how could I have possibly
Produced more--energy, will, determination, time--

I guess hindsight isn't always 20/20...

No comments:

Post a Comment