Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Maybe I've Given Up

I see you...
Speeding through residentials,
Exceeding everyone's limits by
Indulging gluttonously--solids and liquids,
Blasphemously, tirelessly inviting
Any free ear to your weekly pity party,
Seems like a relief, when I'm too busy to speak,
Yet I feel bad for not getting behind in my work,
For not losing sleep to comfort you in vain...
Maybe I've given up...

I see you...
Using language becoming of a parental advisory,
Disrespecting yourself and family
Trying to impress your friends,
Refusing to follow any directions other than
The ones that take you nowhere,
A place that's so familiar;
Instead of home...you choose to go there,
Instead of forward into a positive, prosperous
And rewarding future, you go nowhere...
Nowhere is more attractive,
Nowhere is where you can make nothing happen,
Therefore...Nothing can go wrong...
So wanting to go nowhere has to be okay...
And I've stopped yelling, singing and speaking
My old song of encouragement
Because instead of picking you up,
It's bringing me down...
Maybe I've given up...

I see you...
Now you see me too...Finally...
You ask me what am I looking at and before today
My response would you; a future; a reality based upon
Rules that fit perfectly, life's tailored suit--
Yet you failed to even try it on,
So what I'm looking at, I don't have a clue...
Maybe I've given up...

No comments:

Post a Comment