Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It Probably Doesn't Matter

I want answers to questions That may never be asked Disappointed at promises broken Or never came to pass Because I passed on patience, Passed on relating Facts are now fiction Driven by a yearning A desire for a home A dream I had as a child And now that I'm as old as I am, I felt my dreams Would come true, so I gave And I let go of all I knew I surrendered...not without struggle And not without concern But that yearning burned and The thought of being so close To my elusive dream seemed Like the right time to show I cared Enough to go to the ends of The earth but of course...now... I feel...I don't know... Its not really remorse Not any real regret because I chose, I chose, I chose the course But with all these eyes I wasn't seen as a sport Even though I was handed defeat I chose to retreat First in my mind, then my body... Or was it the other way around? It probably doesn't matter... It probably doesn't matter... If I said this today The response might just be That there's nothing to discuss Because there's nothing left Things didn't go right So there's nothing left to say I guess I don't understand I can't comprehend How a potential so great Crashes to an end One thing's for sure Something better has to begin That's what I tell myself anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment