Sunday, November 14, 2010

Upside Down, Inside Out

This is an expression of one's embrace of
a chaotic world. Taking ownership of
one's circumstances is not an easy task, but once
this has been done, something interesting happens...

There is a hole forming deep within my chest,
from the inside out;
At first I thought of it as an adverse food reaction,
trapped in an unwanted place;
I admit I didn't foresee the potential impact,
my world turning upside down.

As the frequency increased, so did my awareness,
centered around my heart;
If I had known, I would not be in this position now,
regrets affect perception;
I began feeling lost, attempting to trace the source,
overlooking the obvious;
The hole's size increases with each moment,
sadness, motivation, restlessness, inspiration sets in...

My emotions are now worn as sleeves, sweaters and coats,
hoping all that is seen is my protective attire;
My song and dance must go on until I rectify this matter,
secrets affect perception;
Asking for help would be revealing my treasure,
safeguard it at all costs;
This hole is a now a part of me that I am intent on filling,
my time is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment