Saturday, November 13, 2010

What I'm Trying to Say

I recall times where I found it difficult to choose the right
words to express myself in conversations. I experience
strong and passionate emotions and when the
time comes to convey a message, passion begins to fade
into aggression and the intentions are misunderstood.
This is a poetic example of the process of choosing my
words to convey a certain message.

I'm yelling at the top of my lungs
but I still can't get it out;
It's like I'm screaming for no reason,
distortion's coming from my mouth.

I have something for the entire world to hear,
but my enlightenment is like another language
without a Rosetta Stone to make it clear. It's not like
my intentions are to speak in coded passages; my passions
come from deep in my within--the rage of a savage, being
navigated by emotions, that flow strong, the roaring rapids--
I fear if I get caught up in the current, there's no telling what
would happen...but it's pulling at my soul, this must be
my call to action.

An arsonist appeals to me at times, because the work
of destruction turns something into nothing but
it makes room for almost anything--dreams, fantasies--
possible improvements to the quality of life--reconstruction;
supplying a clean slate for the imagination. It would save me
the trouble of rupturing my voice box, and would save the world
from trying to decipher the coded language of my heart.

So, as the match became my pen and my words ignited this page,
I transformed into an arsonist, clearing the slate for my inception--
creating endless opportunities for the ideas like the one in quotes
below to inspire and motivate the minds of many:

"Don't allow anyone to take your joy!"

All it takes is a spark, then the fire will begin to rage, and
the passion that I tried to yell out earlier will finally be conveyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment