Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Desires of Your Heart

This is something I wrote about 3 years ago
and it seems to fit situations in my life right now.
I dare not say that I know all the answers,
but this was definitely a moment of clarity
that I can appreciate and I hope my readers will too.

In my years on earth, I have experienced more than what some will ever know and few can fully understand. Yet, when I look at my life presently, I have found myself wondering what to do next. So, in my quest to find my place in the world, my heart's desire, my purpose...the little voice in my head revealed that a closer walk with God is necessary in this search. A very close friend of mine sent me a scripture via text that confirmed some thoughts of mine.Psalms 37:3-8 pretty much sums up what Christians need to do to find your heart's true desire, thus revealing the purpose of your life.

"Trust in the Lord and do good, Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires." I stop there, not because that is the most important part but to call attention to "your heart's desires". Our minds and emotions can become tangled up at times. This makes it fairly difficult to make sound choices and decisions. But, we have the Word of God that speaks directly to this. We must be mindful and trusting in God that His Will is the truth and our Light to shine our path out of any darkness that we may encounter.

Also, for those who seek, desire, make or need confirmation (I suppose I'm one because I found this scripture after reading this first one), John 1:3 basically says that everything is created through Him, so I suppose it only makes sense that when we feel lost, worried or may have important decisions to make, we should seek God with all of our heart.

One of my best friends told me that even though he is a Man of the Cloth, he is still a man. He told me that he still makes mistakes, he still falls short but his faith is with God. Now, this is not an excuse for anyone to do wrong…it is, however, an example of the reality of man. We are not perfect, but God's Grace & Mercy is everlasting.

I chose to share this because someone may need a little push or some confirmation with things that are going on in your life. I hope this helps…maybe I'll write more later…

No comments:

Post a Comment