Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Steadfast in My Position

Another day is gone, another impact attempt made.
It's all for the good of the world and my world is
brighter because I'm making an effort. There are
times where I take "nothing" and make it into
"something"...this is called a "teachable moment". In
order to do such a miraculous feat, I had to pay
attention and be aware of the opportunity. And I
do this everyday I enter my workplace...

I am a soldier on the front line of a war between
the minds of the youth and the cold, heartless
world in which they will be propelled...hopefully
after they earn a high school diploma. Please do not
confuse this statement with an assumption that I
believe that a high school diploma is all the education
that is needed. I am a supporter of higher learning.
In addition, I am an opponent of classroom disruptions--
anything that impedes the ability of anyone from
learning. Sadly there are too many to count or name or
to effectively work around or through in some learning
environments. Still, I am steadfast in my position and I
wear my uniform proudly...

I am a teacher.
I am a psychologist.
I am an investigator.
I am an interpreter.
I am a facilitator.
I am a hustler.
I am a teacher.

I am a realist.
I am a truth seeking, eyes wide open clean slate.
I am impressionable.

I am immovable.
I am determined.
I am a man with hope, desires and aspirations.
I am a dream come true for my ancestors.
I am remarkable.
I am a problem solver.
I am a mediator.
I am a poet, storyteller and comedian.
I am a teacher.

I am an iron fist.
I am a comforter.

I am a reluctant friend.
I am passionate.
I am fearless.
I am motivated.
I am reliable.
I am a motivator.
I am a fire starter.
I am a teacher.

I am angry.
I am sad.
I am disappointed.
I am loving.
I am caring.
I am daring.
I am the blame for things out of my control.
I am excited.
I am Fired Up! Ready to Go! (Thanks President Obama)
I am an observer.
I am a leader.
I am a lifetime learner.
I am an invaluable commodity.
I am more than I will ever know...
I am a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment