Friday, January 22, 2010

I Can't Imagine

I am writing this without any attempt to
edit this piece, because if my emotion caused
an error, for now, I want it to be shown...as
this is my expression towards the tragedy that
has occurred in Haiti.

I can't imagine coping with such loss,
Separation through devastation for lack of
a better phrase, a Horrible price...
Images, video and Stories weaken the heart,
Realizing that Reality is Too Real to be True,
Hoping that for once, time Eludes us,
So that we can look back, instead of living
through the Nightmares of others...

A coward's words? Not quite...
an Empathetic Heart's Cry is more accurate;
Accepting what is real...Must be done,
so this is more of a vision of what we hope to be.

I can't imagine what Fills the mind
of those feeling Chosen to be left Behind,
Twisted Confused Hearts aching while
Hope resides in the souls of All,
The Spirit of Man, Woman, and Child
reaches out through song, speeches and
Bright Watered Eyes...
there is so much to do...
there are many ways to help...
there will be opportunities to lift others...

I can't imagine Not Helping...
I can't imagine Hearing Cries for help...
I can't imagine seeing someone being saved,
knowing there are countless numbers of others
that may not...I can't imagine Not Being Able to Do
Anything, But Wait...and Wait...and Wait...
And Scream...and Scream...and Scream...
I can't imagine....

I can't imagine what is in front of my eyes,
these Images on the screen, this Entire travesty...
I can't imagine what is real, from so far away...
in what is in front of Everyone...
I Can't Imagine...

No comments:

Post a Comment