Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Her Confession, His Reply

She confessed, "I need to whine tonight". His eye brows rose,
and the lump in his throat moved up and down slowly.

She erupted, "Don't worry about it, I'm going to Jenny's!
A girl's night is beckoning". His chin fell against his sternum,
as a quiet sigh escaped from his lips. "I don't need a daddy!
I have one! He is perfectly capable of performing his fatherly
roles. You have proven that you don't care enough JUST to listen...
I'll see you later." He reached out for her...barely missing her
shoulder as she turned quicker than he anticipated. His lips parted,
"Shelly," but the sound of the door closing muffled his attempt.

Confusion chose his face as its playground. I can't stand to
see her hurting...when she tells me her problems...I don't know,
I just want to see her smile more, laugh more and not be so on edge.
I miss the fun-loving Shelly. So yes, I think of ways to fix or
solve her problems. It's draining to be the one who gets all the
whining, complaining, mood swings and statements of insecurity.
I can't remember the last time she told me a joke or really laughed
with me, much less laughed at herself...I miss her...


As she backed out of the driveway, he burst through the front
door yelling, "I'M NOT TRYING TO BE HIM!
I'M TRYING TO LOVE YOU! I MISS YOU!
I JUST WANNA SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN!"

Immediately stopping and letting down her window, Shelly confessed
again. "What? What did you say? I had the music up too loud. David!
What is it?! It's too hot out here for this!"

Once again, his chin fell against his sternum, as he turned
and went back into the house...see you when you get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment