Monday, July 5, 2010

Turning Choices Into Memories

Regardless of the amount of experiences you
may have, sooner or later a decision has been
made to do or not to do something. It may be
part of a plan to improve your life. It may be
because those behaviors may not excite or
benefit you anymore. Whatever your reason,
you made a decision and moved forward, turning
choices into memories.

I would like you to keep in mind, as you move forward,
it is important not to judge those who may not
have turned their choices into memories. I have
witnessed and participated in such acts of
hypocritical reasoning but luckily, I had a moment
of clarity before too much time had passed.
I realized that everyone doesn't change,
bend or grow at the same time, or when I
may want them too. Things that I find
important, or not so much anymore, represent
a personal value system that cannot govern
the actions of anyone else.

So, when I hear statements like,
"He used to do a lot of dirt in undergrad;
She cheated on him with his friend;
I heard you got around back in the day;
She used to drink more than most guys;
He was the laziest one of all," I shake my
head. I shake my head because I recognize
that each statement is made in the past
tense, which means the actions mentioned
were also performed in the past.
(I hope you see where this is going)

A wise woman stated "Those
who always remember and bring up how you
were in the past, never really wanted the
best for you". As you look to leave things
in the past and move forward, turning choices
into memories, make sure you allow others
to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment